Mission & Vision
Excellence For All
Changing the lives of Charlotte area youth by providing community-based programs of academic & fine arts excellence!
To be the community services organization of choice for Charlotte area residents by:
- Providing best-practice programs in academics, social services, fine arts and health.
- Promoting local, state and national collaborations.
- Planting seeds of spiritual uplift among those we serve, employ and collaborate.
Charlotte CSA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization offering community-based summer, afterschool and gang prevention services to nearly 500 at-risk students each year. We operate on the core belief that all students--particularly those in need--deserve the very best.
We also firmly believe in results! Our afterschool and summer programs are intensive, academic-based offerings. More than 80% of our afterschool students have passed state tests and have been promoted to the next grade. Our GAP gang prevention program serves as a viable option to detention for high-risk youth.
Our main programs include:
- Clara H. Jones Summer Institute provides fine arts and academic instruction to rising 1st-9th grade students, as well as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) studies.
- FBC-W Music & Tutoring Afterschool Program is a 21st Century Afterschool Community Learning Center providing academic assistance and fine arts lessons to K-8th students.
- SMART Tutoring Program is an afterschool program that provides intensive tutoring to students in grades 3rd-8th who have failed their End-Of-Grade tests and/or classes.
- GAP (Gang Alternative Principles) offers job readiness, anti-violence and skills training to males referred by the Juvenile Justice system, police, schools and the community.
Click here for our latest annual report.