SORRY! NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2021!
"All children can learn. They're just brilliant.
But you've got to make them work."
The Late Clara H. Jones
Retired Educator & Piano Studio Owner
The Clara H. Jones Summer Institute is a structured, seven-week intensive program aimed at developing students' fine arts skills while also targeting reading, math and science proficiency. We serve students in rising grades 1st-9th.
Now in its 18th year, the Summer Institute is named in honor of acclaimed music teacher Clara H. Jones who was a retired CMS teacher and provided community lessons on Charlotte's west side for decades in her home-based studio.
Below you will find everything parents usually ask. But if you need more info, feel free to contact us at 704.372.3742, Mon-Fri afternoons, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We serve RISING 1st-9th GRADE STUDENTS. Our theme this summer is "I Can Fly" with an aviation and flight emphasis.
- ONE LOW PRICE! SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! Tuition includes Academic & Fine Arts Instruction, Field Trips, Polo Shirts, Before & After Care, Instruments, Breakfast, Hot Lunch & Snack. No extra fees!
- CONVENIENT LOCATION! Five minutes west of uptown at 1801 Oaklawn Avenue in the Family Life Center of First Baptist Church-West. Easy access from uptown on Trade Street, or I-77/I-85.
- PARENT-FRIENDLY OPERATING HOURS 7:30am-5:45 pm Monday thru Friday.
- DIVERSITY in race, gender and language celebrated. Spanish translations provided, as well as diverse program offerings ranging from classical to gospel to salsa.
- 1:10 TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO in afternoon academic classes led by licensed teachers, education majors or experienced educators Mon-Fri 1-5pm. Field Trips or Fun Activities on Fridays.
- ACCOMPLISHED ARTISTS lead fine arts lessons in Brass (trumpet, trombone, tuba & saxophone), Violin, Piano, Art, Dance & Chorus. (Note that piano often is in high demand and may not be available.)
- Our THEME this summer is "I Can Fly." We will focus on aeronautics with flight-related activities. As always, our theme will be interwoven in the fine arts and academics. Students will spend mornings taking two fine arts classes. One class is always chorus to provide a musical foundation, while the second is a choice of violin, piano, brass, art or dance. Afternoons will be devoted to academic instruction. And every week, there will be a field trip or special program.
- ONLINE ACCESS on wireless laptops for students & ONLINE PAYMENTS AND APPLICATION for parents.
- FIRST DAY IS MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2021. CLOSED MONDAY, JULY 5, FOR 4TH OF JULY. GRAND PERFORMANCE ON FRIDAY, JULY 30th @ 5:30PM.