SORRY, NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS OR WAITING LIST NAMES FOR SUMMER 2023!
The Clara H. Jones Summer Institute is a structured, six-week intensive program aimed at developing students' fine arts skills while also targeting reading, math and science proficiency. We serve students in rising grades 1st-9th.
Click here for application.
Now in its 20th year, the Summer Institute is named in honor of acclaimed music teacher Clara H. Jones who was a retired CMS teacher and provided community lessons on Charlotte's west side for decades in her home-based studio.
Below you will find everything parents usually ask. But if you need more info, feel free to contact us at 704.372.3742, Mon-Fri afternoons, or email email@example.com.
- We serve RISING 1st-9th GRADE STUDENTS.
- ONE LOW PRICE! SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! Tuition includes Academic & Fine Arts Instruction, Field Trips, Polo Shirts, Before & After Care, Instruments, Breakfast, Hot Lunch & Snack. No extra fees!
- CONVENIENT LOCATION! Five minutes west of uptown at 1801 Oaklawn Avenue in the Family Life Center of First Baptist Church-West. Easy access from uptown on Trade Street, or I-77/I-85.
- PARENT-FRIENDLY OPERATING HOURS 7:30am-5:30 pm Monday thru Friday.
- DIVERSITY in race, gender and language celebrated. Spanish translations provided, as well as diverse program offerings ranging from classical to gospel to salsa.
- 1:14 TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO in afternoon academic classes led by licensed teachers, education majors or experienced educators Mon-Thurs 1-5pm. Field Trips or Fun Activities on Fridays.
- ACCOMPLISHED ARTISTS lead fine arts lessons in Brass (trumpet, trombone, tuba & saxophone), Violin, Piano, Music Appreciation & Dance. (Note that piano often is in high demand and may not be available.)
- Monday through Thursday, students will spend mornings taking a fine arts and a STEAM class. Afternoons will be devoted to academic instruction. And every week on Fridays, there will be a field trip or special program.
- ONLINE ACCESS on wireless laptops for students & ONLINE PAYMENTS AND APPLICATION for parents.